In 1875 the Kingston Road Tramway opened a horsecar line between the Don River and Main St., extended in 1878 to Blantyre Ave. Operations ceased in 1887.
On July 1, 1893 the Toronto and Scarboro' Electric Railway, Light and Power commenced operating an electric street railway or "Radial Car" line from Queen St. East to Blantyre Ave. Until 1897 the line continued down Blantyre Ave. to the Victoria Park.
In 1898 the route was relaid eastward to the Hunt Club; extended to the Halfway House at Midland Ave. in 1901; to Scarborough P.O. at Eglinton Ave. in 1905; and to West Hill in 1906. The line became the Scarboro' division of the Toronto & York Radial Railways in 1904.
The T.T.C. city streetcar service replaced the radial cars to Victoria Park Ave. in 1921 and to Birchmount in 1928. The West Hill extension was abandoned in 1930. Finally, the line between Birchmount and Eglinton ceased operation on June 26, 1936.
The passenger stops were originally numbered from Queen Street, then renumbered from Victoria Park Ave. in 1922. These numbers, such as; Stop 14 (Halfway House), Stop 17 (Scarborough High School) and Stop 26 (Scarborough P.O.), were common reference points, kept in use until the 1960's.