A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

Carter Plantation

A Spanish land grant acquired by James Rheims in 1804. Thomas Freeman, fmc, built "Sycamore" 1817-1820.

Colonel William Breed, first sheriff of Livingston Parish, purchased estate in 1838.

George Richardson acquired the property in 1856, which he renamed for his son-in-law, Judge Marcus T. Carter. Their descendents still occupy the property.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps