In 1954, Greenville AFB was designated a basic school for single engine jet pilots. The mission aircraft was the "T-Bird". The airframe on display is typical of those assigned to the 3505th Pilot Training Wing from 1954 through 1960. More than 150 T-33s were assigned and thousands of American and NATO pilots won their wings here.
Commemorating the Centennial Anniversary of Rotary International 1905-2005
This marker presented to the G.A.F.B. Museum by the Greenville Rotary Club