A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

Franklin

Named for Benjamin Franklin in 1800 by founder Alexander 'Guinea' Lewis, town became St. Mary Parish seat in 1811, was incorporated in 1830, served as Teche Country’s port of entry and trade center until coming of railroads in 1870's.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps