A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

First Tavern

In 1820 several log cabins were built here to provide for the land office opening. Samuel Brown, first sheriff, later kept tavern on the same site. Adjacent on the south was the office of Frances Wright's Nashoba colony.

Submitted from the Shelby County Register's Office.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps