A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible.

Early Mill Site

A grist mill & sawmill, built by David Holley in 1810-11, stood in the valley below. James Farr, to whom the mill belonged from 1815 until 1828, operated five run of stones in his mill. The lower & ...

A grist mill & sawmill, built by David Holley in 1810-11, stood in the valley below. James Farr, to whom the mill belonged from 1815 until 1828, operated five run of stones in his mill. The lower & older part of the village of Weston, formerly known as Farr's Mills, was destroyed in the flood of 1850. In 1828, William Wadsworth bought the mill, rebuilt & operated the sawmill, 1830-1870, & built a larger grist mill in 1856. The Wadsworth mills operated in this vicinity for 87 years.


Plaque via Alan L. Brown's site Toronto Plaques. Full page here.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps