The site of this City Hall was originally Center Square, one of the five Squares given by William Penn to the City when he founded Philadelphia.During the Revolution, Regiments of Patriots drilled here in September 1781. Comte de Rochambeau, Commander in Chief of the French Army in America, encamped here with six thousand soldiers on their way to the final battle of the war at Yorktown, where they assisted Washington in capturing Cornwallis. To commemorate these events which make this spot significant in the Annals of Liberty, this Tablet is erected by the Pennsylvania Society of the Order of the Founders and Patriots of America. September 1908.
Located on the right hand wall of the western exit from City Hall.
submitted by @yobigc