A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

St. Alphonsus Church

"La Chapelle à Maurice" was built on the ten acres donated in 1889 by Jean-Maurice Villien and his wife, Marie Chaty, from the provinces of Savoie and Lorraine, France, respectively. Father Alphonse LeQuilleuc was the first pastor. Maurice, La. founded circa 1870, was incorporated as a town in 1911 and still bears the name of its founder.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps