A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

Second Congregational Church

Founded by the American Missionary Association in 1868, Second Congregational Church was originally at 239 Orleans. It was a chapel for LeMoyne Normal Institute. The present church, designed and built by Black artisans, was completed in 1928. In 1982 the church was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Submitted from the Shelby County Register's Office.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps