Prince Albert Red Deer Forks Trail
First Nations people would have used this trail for many years but documented use of this trail began in 1800 when the Hudson's Bay Company built Chesterfield House at the Red Deer Forks. It linked the main fur trading posts on the North Saskatchewan River to the posts at the Red Deer Forks on the South Saskatchewan.
While the fur trade posts were short lived the area became a popular buffalo hunting area. By the mid-nineteenth century, Métis hunting parties frequented this trail. Later it served the local needs of early settlers and North-West Mounted Police patrols until superseded by branch railways and surveyed road allowances.
Government of Saskatchewan
Submitted by: @Saskajanet