Oak Grove Cemetery – Chelsea
Oak Grove was established in 1860 with the help of women in the community whose efforts made improvements on the cemetery grounds. The first twenty years saw so few burials here that the city was credited with healthfulness.
The names of many pioneer families are found here: among them are Holmes, Congdon, Kemp and Glazier.
The cemetery is designed with an eye to nature, with winding paths and a variety of trees. The entrance to the cemetery is graced by majestic stone gates. The vault is also constructed of fieldstone locked by a keystone.
Washtenaw County LI-26 Historical Marker