Mason Street School
First Public Schoolhouse in this County. Erected at this site in 1865 and known as "Mason Street School -- District No. 1" when San Diego County covered an area greater the 3 New England states. Restored by popular subscription in 1955.
State Registered Landmark No. 538
Marker placed by San Diego County Board of Supervisors and the Historic Markers Committee
Submitted by: Chris Weaver