The Adobe Wall
On March 26, 1872, at 2:30 a.m., one of the largest earthquakes ever recorded destroyed 52 of the 59 buildings in Lone Pine.
Because of a scarcity of building materials the largely immigrant population of Lone Pine (estimated at 250-300) constructed building of un-reinforced adobe and stone.
This adobe wall is what remains of the general store, established in 1869 by Charles and Madeleine Meysan. This wall is the only known remaining example of the architecture before the earthquake.
Dedicated June 17, 2000
Slim Princess Chapter #395
E. Clampus Vitus