This is a plaque commemorating DePaul Academy, an all-boys high school that ran from 1898 until 1968 on the site of what's now Byrne Hall at DePaul University. The academy was a feeder school for DePaul University, and was largely staffed by members of the Congregation of the Mission, the formal name of the Vincentian Catholic order in the United States.
Transcription: DePaul Academy, 1898-1968
St. Vincent's College and DePaul Academy, a Catholic all-boys high school hosted by the college, were founded on this site in 1898 by the Vincentian Fathers and Brothers of the Congregation of the Mission, a religious community named for St. Vincent DePaul (1581-1660). In 1907, St. Vincent's College was chartered as DePaul University, and this building became the exclusive home of DePaul Academy. In 1968, DePaul Academy closed after 70 years of service to Catholic education, and this building became part of DePaul University. In 1976, it was named Rev. Peter Vincent Byrne Hall after the university's first president. The contribution of DePaul Academy graduates remain a positive force in the life of Chicago and the nation.
Submitted by: Cam Rodriguez