A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

Blacksmith and Corn Store

Plaque reads:

'On this site in 1882, Mr G.R. White erected his factory and commenced his business as a implement maker and general blacksmith.

He was elected a member of the Lilydale Council in 1886

From 1931 Mr W. Hansen had his hay and corn store in the same building which was demolished in 1960 and the present shops built

Lilydale & District Historical Society Inc. 20.3.2008

Submitted by @IanThorp

 

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps